Thursday, December 23, 2010

Passage of Time

I can't believe that is has been almost 3 months since my last entry. The entries were much more frequent and came much easier in the past. However, the last few months I have really been questioning the value of my thoughts. Is anyone actually paying attention when there are so many other things go on in the world?
And I got my answer, my small validation, last week while visiting my home away from home -- Austin, Texas.
Randomly, I was able to attend a tacky Christmas Party hosted by the Beauty Bar where many of my past co-workers -- from my days (well, 4 years to be exact) as a Whisky Bar bartender -- work now. I knew many more people in that bar that night that I ever do when going out in the town I currently live in! I was a nice feeling. It felt like seeing old family again. And one friend hugged me, we briefly chatted -- as he was also mixing vinyl records in between -- and as we wrapped up our conversation he said "Oh, nice blog by the way." :) (Thanks Lee!)

So my validation made me pick up the pen.. ahem, login -- and blog.

During my Whisky Bar days I designed a lot of posters for events we hosted in the bar. Some good. Some bad. (the posters, not the events. the events were all good.) But the experience lead me to be the designer I am today.
And yesterday I was given the fast deadline unfriendly task of designing a poster for a friend's show here at a bar in Lubbock. It has been years since I have designed such a thing. I gladly accepted and am very pleased with the artwork which ensued.



Throughout the process of designing the "Holiday GIT Right" poster my mind fondly remembered the Whisky Bar poster designing days. So, I pulled up an old one! From 2006!
Ha!



And it has been insightful for me to see how far I have come. Literally. I am thankful for the events in my life that shaped my future and have made me the person I am today. <3

No comments: