Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Life in not about finding yourself. It is about creating yourself."


I am traveling my chosen path in life and beginning to understand that my path, my road is definitely not one of the smooth, commercially paved roads that sees modern vehicles with voices and navigating systems during rush hour. My road is much more of a back road. A dirty, natural and desolate road. I am sure a people have traveled it before, but... I feel alone.
Not scared. Just alone. But I persist. I must. Because on this road, there is absolutely no turning back. Nothing behind me could possibly be better than what is ahead of me. So, I persist, faithfully following the bumps and curves with the idea in the back of my mind that I am not the first person here.


Marfa, Texas | Chinati Mountains | 2008

No comments: